Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Practiced today for over an hour! And the day is young and I am planning on practicing for at least another hour today since I didn't have time to practice yesterday! I think having a teacher is really motivating me. I hope she is a good fit for me. We'll find out Thursday.

Anyway, this morning's session started out with long tones and some slide/stretching. Didn't do much of the stretching since my hand started to hurt quickly so I decided to move on rather than risk things. I worked further in the Klengel Vol. II book on Am, getting through I-III at fairly slow tempi and then got pretty stuck on IV. I'll work on those later though, my next session will be warmed up with Schroeder since I haven't done those exercises in a while. Then I moved to the CM metric modulation at 70, and that went very well, I'll have to bump up the tempo next time I do it. I had had the scale itself at 16ths at 75, so we'll probably go there next. Lastly I moved to the Beethoven Mvmt. I and worked some more trouble spots. Three of them this time. I only got two to where I wanted them (120) while the third was lagging a little behind (90), so I'll be working on that next time also, and then moving onwards to those dreaded 16ths!

My whole session today my left hand seemed very relaxed and in the zone. Even my thumb was getting into the act as I was focusing on bringing it up in time to get into/out of thumb position and keeping it there while in thumb position and not letting it flail around. Consequently I was more confident with the higher stuff. Who would have thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment