Thursday, September 2, 2010

Practiced again today. I think the hardest part about establishing a constant practice schedule is establishing a constant practice schedule. I mean there is not one specific hour or two that I can guarantee will be free every single day of the week.

Anyway. Started with more out of the Schroeder, got through a few exercises before I encountered one that flummoxed me a bit so decided to work on that one for a while over the next few days. This brought me to my review of the Kabalevsky. I think I really am going to have to relearn everything I have been working on this past year.

Lessons this past year were good, as they kept me playing. They were also bad, as my teacher wanted to expose me to as much repertoire as possible (as I was just an education major), which made sense. However, this meant that I never really really learned anything, just played it enough to where it sounded good and then we moved to the next movement/piece. I was overloaded and it shows. I have to take the time to really learn these things if I'm to get anywhere.

Anyway, then I moved on to good ol' Klengel. Volume II, though, something I haven't worked out of before but bought because "it would probably be a good thing to have". Which, naturally, it is. Worked through 5 of the C major exercises before finding one that needs a little work. All this working on sightreading as well as general playing, which is a good thing. Then I rounded out my hour session a little A minor, which was remarkably bad. Like I can't play that anywhere near as fast as I want to. This is going to take time...time I don't have.

Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment