Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Okay so I had my first lesson with my new teacher last Thursday. It went pretty well. She expressed concern about some ingrained habits of mine (one-speed vibrato and my tendency to shift alot, sometimes when unnecessary) and so I think those will be our main focus points for a while. We worked primarily on the first movement of the Beethoven A major Sonata. She was also concerned about my lack of having a pianist, which is something I can't really rectify since I don't know of any piano players who are a) good enough and b) willing to drive to Grosse Pointe every Thursday for my lesson, as well as meeting to practice. So yeah.

After practice I dropped my bow off at Psariano's to get it rehaired. Hopefully it won't be too expensive though it probably will be. I should have it back early next week (I'm hoping for a week from today) and so then I'll have a couple days to practice with it before my next lesson since I don't have one this week. Good thing I own three bows (though one really sucks) so that I can still practice while my main bow is getting rehaired. I should probably rehair my secondary one...but I can't afford that right now, I don't think.

No comments:

Post a Comment